I'll Never Write a Novel

The Memoir of a Personal Essayist OR Confessions of a Theatre Widow

Friday, February 27, 2009

Good, Better, Best (volume 3)

Good: It's Lent! While I am a Christmas fanatic (just a little too crazy about that holiday,actually), Lent is so important to me because it's the reason that it means something to be a Christian. Christmas is beautiful and magical but it is the "easy" holiday, in that everyone loves the joyous birth of a baby. Nothing has made me happier recently than the birth of my nephew Daniel, for instance. What a joy to see my sister become a mom and to know that this new little person is all hope. Easter, on the other hand, centers on the fact that Jesus Christ died. Without the death, and the resurrection, the birth of Christ would be historically and spiritually less significant. Easter reminds us that in all the ways we "die" a little, there is always the hope of resurrection and transformation.

This Lenten season I am giving up my whining. No more hanging up the phone frustrated with a client and kvetching about how hard they make my job. Just happy to have the work. No more complaints about dogs who take tissues out of the garbage. She's a great dog, really. Enough with the blah, blah, blah about the loud neighbors upstairs. I am sure we make more than our share of noise. I want to be more positive and more peaceful. Oh, and no more swearing. I don't do that very much, but it's got to stop.

Better: Living in New Jersey. Now, I get to be a Jersey Girl for a little bit. I know it makes my Jersey Girl Mom very happy. I think I will officially reside in NYC soon enough. For now, I get to see the most spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline rising over the Hudson right on my front porch every day. Even mundane tasks like walking the dog are more inspired because of the scenery. And my little family gets to spend a lot of time together. Hooray!

Best: Well, here it is. Prayers are answered. The Dad Guy booked a BROADWAY SHOW! I can hardly believe it, but I know it's real because I read it on the internets! Obviously I knew it wasn't a matter of "if" but "when." But the speediness of the "when" and the coolness of originating a role in a brand new show leaves me in awe. Thanks for all the prayers, and thanks especially to the aforementioned Jersey Girl who must have made this a special intercession in heaven. So, hopefully lots of people will have good reason to come see us here. We miss our friends and family like crazy. I am so unbelievably proud of my hubby and so grateful for the embarrassment of blessing bestowed upon us. Here's to a long and successful run!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

YEEEE HAW!!!!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Droid116 said...

Congratulations Noreen. I am so happy for you and the family.

4:47 PM  
Blogger CV said...

I knew it would happen, I just knew it! :) Congratulations!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home