I'll Never Write a Novel

The Memoir of a Personal Essayist OR Confessions of a Theatre Widow

Monday, February 02, 2009

Good, Better, Best (volume 2)

Good: My hair is getting redder again. All by itself. It's been fun to watch the hints of copper and auburn reemerge. This is how my hair is supposed to be. I wish I could take a photo to show you, but I am awful at self portraits, unlike Jenny and Shelley, masters of the art. I don't know how a person can look super pointy while having a double chin and looking fat, but I can do it when I am taking my own photos. So, you'll just have to take my word on the hot red hair I am rocking. There are also these hairs of a different color appearing. They are white. We shall not speak of them in GBB.


Better: I intend to do some sort of fashion round-up as it's now awards season, but I haven't gotten to it yet. However, I saw a photo that made me laugh so hard that it had to rate a comment here. I have no idea what Lisa Rinna is doing at the SAG awards. I thought invited to those were reserved for actual "Actors," but somehow she is there. And in a bid to be totally ironic or oxymoron-ish she managed to demonstrate that with medical intervention, you can defy the word SAG in your everyday life. But that is not the funniest part. What in the world is happening here!? She must have said a prayer to "Santa Ana" the patron saint of wind and grace to keep her from showing us more Lisa Rinna than I care to see. Click on the image to read the hilarious commentary and to get a better look at the impeccable waxing job.

Those girls at Go Fug Yourself crack me up!


Best: I have been able to see my husband for the first time in three weeks! In the last couple days we have spent quality time with family, celebrated our nephew's 10th birthday (wow!), and hung out with some of our most favorite friends. To cap it off, we are eagerly awaiting the birth of my sister's baby boy. She is going to be an unbelievably good mom, and I cannot wait to meet the little guy! I suspect we are less than 36 hours from delivery now. Hooray! Now, that is the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home