I'll Never Write a Novel

The Memoir of a Personal Essayist OR Confessions of a Theatre Widow

Monday, March 24, 2008

Eating While...

Eating is the kind of thing that you should be focused on when you do it. But we all know that people often partner all sorts of activities with eating. Sure, eating and drinking go together, that's obvious. But, even from an early age, everyone learns to not talk with your mouth full. Feeding Little G today, I had to instruct The Dad Guy not to distract her. "Let's stay focused on eating, little girl..." I said.

One of the more famous websites dedicated to the idea of what it's funny to do while eating has to be, http://cryingwhileeating.com/. It funny to see the combinations of what types of tears are shed over various cuisines. It's also just generally funny to see people distracted from two endeavors that should require one's full attention, crying and eating.

My husband tells tales of when he wanted to know what it was like to eat while showering. As it turns out, unbeknownst to him his brother tried Eating While Showering, as well. Years later they discussed their experiences. What, you might ask, did my hubby choose to eat in the shower? Chicken. Yup, a chicken drumstick, in fact. You might think this would be a time that would call for watermelon, right?

Which brings me to the reason from my post on this topic. I was driving down I-5 last week and was stuck in traffic. Big surprise (How do you do it Zesty Jenny!?)! But someone to lighten my mood and make my trip a little easier, I had the time to look over and see a guy driving a Ford Explorer. And Eating While Driving. It's not advisable in any case. But do you know what this guy in a business suit in an Explorer was eating? A really big chunk of Watermelon.

That was weird.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ginormous Boobs said...

I find food in the bathroom to be pretyy gross. My ex always was trying to do the eating while showering thing and I would find banana peels in there all the time. However, the weirdest was the day he ate a bowl of cereal.

Ugh.

7:43 PM  
Blogger BethanyWD said...

The scary thing is, I'm pretty sure I've heard the story about Louis eating chicken in the shower. Nice.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Noreen said...

Eating anything while in the tub, shower or bathroom pretty much rudes me out completely. It is disgusting. If I didn't love my husband so much it might have been a dealbreaker. And it did happen before we met. I am 99.9% positive that he knows to never do that again. Yes, B, I am sure he probably gladly shared that story with you-- and probably while eating a meatshake or something equally icky in the UC!

11:01 PM  
Blogger ZestyJenny said...

HA! Meatshake!

As for the traffic, I do not know. I DO NOT KNOW.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Cary McNeal said...

Lima beans are good in the shower. You always end up dropping a few, and they feel good squishing under your toes. I bet they are an exfoliant as well.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Dahli said...

I thought of you & this blog post this morning. I was driving on I-94 in the fast lane & this little white car was in the very front causing everyone to slow to about 50 mph. I pulled over a lane & passed. As I looked over I noticed this middle aged man was eating a bowl of soup with a spoon!.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Thanks for the chuckle! :)

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home