I'll Never Write a Novel

The Memoir of a Personal Essayist OR Confessions of a Theatre Widow

Monday, February 25, 2008

Stealing a Post

Oooh, I was totally going to write about this and my sister beat me to it...

Celebrities Separated at Birth

I was completely thinking this when I watched the Oscars, then Kate just had to be a little quicker on the mouse clicking.

She is fabulous, that Kate, and always gets to things first. She got Batman, I got Robin. She got first pick on them Duke boys. She got The Ricker, letting me have Derek (fine by me now!). She got Dan Tanna, I got Binzer.* She got BJ, I got "The Bear."* That's just the way it goes sometimes.

*We really had to have been watching those shows in reruns. We were too young to have watched original airings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nope, not too young. "B.J. and the Bear" started in 1979 and ran to 1981. You were 2 when it debuted. Trust me: I was already bossing you around. And "Vega$"? According to imdb.com, it ran from 1978 to 1981. Mom used to let me stay up late with her. I'd curl up next to her in the bed, and, of course I'd fall asleep. But man, that Robert Urich ... We really did watch waaaaay too much TV.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Noreen said...

I don't think I actually sat and watched those shows, but they were on in the house (apparently no one was keeping the small children from the TV). And, yes, you were already bossing me around.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually attended an Oscar party this year, and WON the pool for predicting the most wins! I guess watching E! in the middle of the night while breastfeeding my newborn is a better strategy than say, actually viewing any nominated movies. I got an evening out while my husband soothed a cranky baby, AND I walked away with $70!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home