I'll Never Write a Novel

The Memoir of a Personal Essayist OR Confessions of a Theatre Widow

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Broadway Show!

I just want to take a moment to say congrats to my hubby's big Broadway show. When he was offered a year-long contract on the project we both thought getting to the one-year mark was a long shot. We were excited about the prospect, but reticent about this small show about a pretty messed up family making it. But, here we are. With three Tony Awards and the Pulitzer added to the legacy, it seems to have worked out A-Okay.

We were talking the other night about how fun opening night was. It was a true highlight of our lives together. Uncomplicated joy. The show was perfection, the reviews brilliant, and the party was one for the record books. It was simply so much fun. We stayed out till the wee hours with my in-laws and loved every minute of it. There are few nights in life that can ever be so effortlessly exciting and surprising. This was one of them. I am sure there will be more opening nights in the future, but it was all new, and firsts, and amazing. I will never forget it.

So, here's to an amazing year and to enjoying the landmarks moments in all our lives!

1 Comments:

Blogger bluecatpaw said...

How are you working on that show? As a performer, a writer? Who is your hubby? I'm curious. And I loooooove Broadway. I want to work there someday.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home