I'll Never Write a Novel

The Memoir of a Personal Essayist OR Confessions of a Theatre Widow

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sisters are Doing it for Themselves


Here we are. It's a day at the beach for my sister and me. Aren't we adorable?

This was part of a series that we did for our oldest, wisest sister about 23 years ago. I love this picture. I think it captures me as a child perfectly (I am the one on the log).

As I prepare for my impending move to NYC, this stood out as something I need to frame and take with me. Oldest sister is guiding me, and I am sharing my experience with my bestest of friends. It's a clear illustration of the truth of my life. Now, only if we could digitally add other, fun-time sister to this mix. That would be ideal. Fun sister says she has a series of photos from about this age in which she has given us makeovers. That is the completion of this series. I'll post it when I get a copy.

Speaking of said impending move. Today is a freak-out day. Some days I am really excited to see what's in-store for me next. This morning, however, I woke up terrified. I don't want to leave home, and I am not really sure that I want to live in New York. I do want to sell my condo, and spend more time having "adventures" with my husband. For the moment I think that I could do that here, but I know we need to get this particular adventure underway.

It would be great if I could take my whole family with me when I go. That's really the only thing that I truly need and care about. I may need to get my whole family to the beach for a photo like the one above so that I can take that little piece with me, too. It's not the same, but it's a start.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're making me cry.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Noreen said...

Don't cry. Look at how sute we are! I'll make the next post funnier.

5:56 PM  
Blogger ZestyJenny said...

Oh Noreen!

Dude. It IS going to be hard and scary. But NEW YORK CITY. Oh! So Fabulous! What you need is a SATC marathon. That'll fix you right up.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This picture, I think, is more than 23 years old. Scary, eh?

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home