I'll Never Write a Novel

The Memoir of a Personal Essayist OR Confessions of a Theatre Widow

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Whole New World

So, the truth is that I have always been a writer, or at least a storyteller (certainly more on this later). Until a few years ago I thought that meant that you were supposed to write a novel or at least a short story to get published. Then I discovered the magic of Personal Essay. It can just be a few words, some random thoughts on a random topic. You can title it "On Blank," and fill in the blank with whatever you feel like talking about. It can be a page or five, funny or serious, intimate or broad. There's no commitment necessary, just a few minutes. I feel that this all befits the world of The Blog.

So, I will never write a novel, and that suits me just fine. I am officially a published personal essayist, whether anyone in the world wants it or not. Ta da! I might just be fulfilling my life's calling at 28. It's magical. Now if I could just get the rest of my life to be the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home